Dive Against Debris (Project AWARE):
This course is part of PADI’s environment educational program — Project Aware (Aquatic World Awareness, Responsibility and Education). Be part of this global initiative to address environmental issues, be involved in solutions and how to sustainably interact with the oceans and aquatic life.
As a diver, the ocean is our playground, and is it our duty to keep our playground clean and safe for all. Learn to complete surveys, help by cleaning up debris and be part of the solution.
Who is this for?
PADI® (Junior) Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old or above.
What will I learn?
With a mix of classroom sessions and an open water dive, you’ll learn:
- About marine debris, the damage it causes, the nature and source and how you can play a role to solve this problem
- How to establish a Dive Against Debris® survey, frequency, sites, profiles and equipment
- The use of photography and what to leave behind
- How to join the global Project AWARE movement
- How to conduct a Dive Against Debris® survey, which includes weighing, sorting, recording, disposing and reporting
The dive of this course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Dive certification.
How long will this take?
3D2N on the Island
Where will the lessons take place?
- Option of Tioman, Perhentian, Redang, Langkawi
- Other islands available at different costs
Keep a look out at our community calendar (link to Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/flow.divecenter/events/?ref=page_internal) for more information or feel free to email us at email@example.com.